The Friends of the Laurel Library was organized in January 1996 to promote the Laurel Branch of the Prince George's County Memorial Library System. The Friends raise and donate funds to the Library for programs, materials and appreciation of the Library Staff.
Specifically, all membership dues, book sales and generous donations go to numerous amenities for the Laurel Library including:
- Children's literacy programs
- Tech Connect and Learning U
- STEM programs
- Staff Appreciation activities
- Special events at the Library
- Donation of books to non-profit organizations
- Film nights (Children’s films and Social Awareness documentaries)
- Great Decisions Program (foreign policy series of movies and discussion)
Stimulating and maintaining public support for the Laurel Library (patrons and staff);
Supporting the PGCMLS Strategic Plan; and, Supplementing the Laurel Library's budget for special equipment, materials and programs.
What you can do to help:
Recognize and promote activities and resources at the Library,
Donate lightly used books for resale to support more programs (bring to the library circulation desk),
Copyright 2013. Friends of the Laurel Library . All Rights Reserved.